HSC Return to Sailing Update
The Province delivered good news this week! Gatherings can now increase to 50 people with physical distancing in place and consistent gatherings of 10 are allowed without physical distancing requirements.
What does that mean for HSC? We can now safely offer double-handed sailing and the Wet Feet program!
In keeping with our commitment to adapt our program within the parameters placed on us by the government and Public Health, we are now able to update the previous adjustments to our programming.
- Both Single-handed and double-handed dinghy classes are available (Optis, Rad/420 & Lasers).
- New sailors are welcome.
- Wet Feet programs are now available.
- CANSail 1 Opti will continue to be offered as a half-day program for Session 1, but it will return to CANSail 1/2 Opti and full days, for all future sessions.
- A staggered arrival and departure will still be in place to keep group size manageable.
- The use of our property for program delivery is still limited.
- Out of province sailors are still required to self isolate for 14 days prior to participating in the program.
Anyone who was refunded or moved to a different boat because of the previous constraints, is being contacted personally.
A Learn to Sail Guide outlining the program, schedule and expectations of sailors will be going out to all Session 1 participants this weekend.
If you are registered in Session 2, 3 or 4, we will be contacting you closer to your session time with the Learn to Sail Guide and any other protocols that will be currently in place.
Finally, anyone who was holding off registering, please don’t wait. We are already quite full, and our class sizes are limited.