The CANSail 3 & 4 program is offered in two-week sessions. Each program runs Monday to Friday both weeks, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Here are the session dates for 2019:
- July 1 to 12
- July 15 to 26
- July 29 to August 9
- August 12 to 23
There are two choices of boat for this program - the Optimist, and the 420
The Optimist - for sailors ages 8 to 14
This program requires an interest in learning how to race an Optimist! Sailors receive an introduction to racing that includes boat handling, equipment, tactics, and strategy. Coaches will cover introductory racing on and off the water. Sailors will have the option of travelling to regattas with a focus on local events. Green Fleet racing is widely known for offering sailors a positive race experience without the pressure. The goal of this program is to introduce racing but to also have a lot of fun! Club boats are limited, so boat ownership is encouraged but not required.
The 420 - for sailors ages 13 to 18
Designed for sailors who have completed CANSail 1&2 420 RAD. This class will introduce and refine racing skills, advanced boat handling, introduction to trapeze and spinnaker, tactics and strategy, and sportsmanship. This is a developmental program that bridges the gap between CANSail 1&2 420 RAD and the 420 Travel Race Team.
Cost for Participants
- $460.00 - program fee for each two-week session (includes use of HSC boat)
- $16 - Annual Sail Nova Scotia fee (we remit this fee on your behalf)
- $40 - Annual HSC Junior Membership fee. This fee is waived if you hold a Family Membership
- Bringing your own boat? Deduct $50 per session
- Planning to participate in regattas? Add the Sail Canada Membership fee of $32.00